Contest Entry Guidelines
Please read entry rules carefully.
- Adult Category (18 and over) Entrant must be a Bucks County resident. Previous 1st place winners should not enter the contest again. Other winners and runners-up may reenter. Please submit poems we have not seen.
- Student Category (Grades 1-12) Entrant must be enrolled in any Bucks County private, parochial, or public school or is home schooled in Bucks County. Previous winners ARE eligible to enter again. Please submit poems we have not seen.
Adult: Three (3) poems; no more, no less, in any style and form. Two pages length maximum per poem.
Students Grades 1 – 12: One (1) poem; no more, in any style and form. Two pages length maximum per poem.
- All work must be original, published or unpublished, typewritten or word-processed, in Times New Roman or Arial, size 12, one side only, in black ink only. No handwritten or fancy font entries will be accepted. Do not place pictures, drawings, photographs, etc. on the poems.
- No tear sheets or photocopies from publications.
- No more than one poem per page.
- Do not place name or address on poetry pages; such entries will be disqualified.
- The title of the poem should be at the top of the poetry page.
- Attach the Entry Form with paper clip to packet of poem(s). Please, NO STAPLES.
- List titles of poem(s), your name, address, phone number and email address on the Entry Form.
- Entries that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered.
- Do not send your only copy. Manuscripts will not be returned.
- If using the online entry form, acceptable file formats are .pdf, .doc, and .docx.
- All entries will be judged anonymously.
POSTMARK, ONLINE, OR DELIVERY DEADLINE: APRIL 16, 2019
Poems may be submitted on the Doylestown Bookshop website on this page. Or mail, or deliver to: Poetry Contest, Attn: Glenda Childs The Doylestown Bookshop 16 S. Main Street Doylestown, PA 18901
How to enter the Main Street Voices Poetry Contest
Regardless of which option you choose, please be sure to read the entry guidelines.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE POSTMARKED OR SUBMITTED BY MONDAY, APRIL 16, 2019.
|MSV Guidelines & Entry Form 2019.pdf||265.7 KB|