Author of the instant New York Times bestsellers The Silver Star and Half Broke Horses Jeannette Walls will be at Delaware Valley University Thursday, March 30th, to discuss and sign copies of her upcoming book HANG THE MOON. Her memoir, The Glass Castle, has been a New York Times bestseller for more than eight years.
This is a ticketed event. Each ticket costs $35.00 and includes admission for one person and a hardcover copy of: HANG THE MOON. To purchase tickets, add the number of tickets you would like to the cart below.
DATE: Thursday, March 30th, 2023, at 7:00 pm
LOCATION: Delaware Valley University Life Sciences Building 700 East Butler Avenue, Doylestown, PA 18901
Click here for parking information>>
THIS IS A TICKETED EVENT - HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Doors open at 6:00 pm, the event will start at 7:00 pm.
- Each ticket costs $35.00, admits one person, and will include one hardcover copy of the book, HANG THE MOON. No substitutions.
- Books will be available for pick-up at the event.
- Ms. Walls will sign and personalize books with your first name only, no messages. She will not be able to sign any posters, bookmarks, scraps of paper, etc..
- Additional books will be available for sale at the event.
- An adult must accompany children under 16.
- Your email confirmation will serve as your ticket. You may print it out and bring it or show us the confirmation on your phone at check-in.
- Event tickets are non-refundable.
- If you cannot attend the event, we will hold your signed books at the front counter of The Doylestown Bookshop for pick-up. Please give us 24 hours post-event to prepare your books for pick-up.
About the Book:
Sallie Kincaid is the daughter of the biggest man in a small town, the charismatic Duke Kincaid. Born at the turn of the 20th century into a life of comfort and privilege, Sallie remembers little about her mother who died in a violent argument with the Duke. By the time she is just eight years old, the Duke has remarried and had a son, Eddie. While Sallie is her father’s daughter, sharp-witted and resourceful, Eddie is his mother’s son, timid and cerebral. When Sallie tries to teach young Eddie to be more like their father, her daredevil coaching leads to an accident, and Sallie is cast out.
Nine years later, she returns, determined to reclaim her place in the family. That’s a lot more complicated than Sallie expected, and she enters a world of conflict and lawlessness. Sallie confronts the secrets and scandals that hide in the shadows of the Big House, navigates the factions in the family and town, and finally comes into her own as a bold, sometimes reckless bootlegger.
You will fall in love with Sallie Kincaid, a feisty and fearless, terrified and damaged young woman who refuses to be corralled.
About our Guest:
Jeannette Walls graduated from Barnard College and was a journalist in New York. Her memoir, The Glass Castle, has been a New York Times bestseller for more than eight years. She is also the author of the instant New York Times bestsellers The Silver Star and Half Broke Horses, which was named one of the ten best books of 2009 by the editors of The New York Times Book Review. Walls lives in rural Virginia with her husband, the writer John Taylor.