Bestselling author Anna Quindlen is returning to Doylestown on Monday, March 18th, 2024, for a special event featuring her upcoming book AFTER ANNIE. Anna Quindlen is the author of many bestselling books, including the #1 New York Times bestselling novel Rise and Shine, the #1 bestselling memoir Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake, and A Short Guide to a Happy Life. Her other novels include Blessings, One True Thing, the Oprah Book Club Selection Black and Blue, and Still Life with Bread Crumbs.
This is a ticketed event. Each ticket costs $37.25 and includes admission for one person and a hardcover copy of: AFTER ANNIE. Add the number of tickets you would like to purchase in the cart below.
DATE: Monday, March 18th, 2024, at 7:00 pm
LOCATION: Delaware Valley University Life Sciences Building 700 East Butler Avenue, Doylestown, PA 18901
THIS IS A TICKETED EVENT - HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Doors open at 6:00 pm, the event will start at 7:00 pm.
- Each ticket costs $37.25, admits one person, and will include one hardcover copy of the book AFTER ANNIE. No substitutions.
- Books will be available for pick-up when you check in at the event.
- Ms. Quindlen will sign and personalize books with your first name only, no messages. She will not be able to sign any posters, bookmarks, scraps of paper, etc..
- Additional books will be available for sale at the event.
- An adult must accompany children under 16.
- Your email confirmation will serve as your ticket. You may print it out and bring it or show us the confirmation on your phone at check-in.
- Event tickets are non-refundable.
- If you cannot attend the event, we will hold your autographed books at the front counter of The Doylestown Bookshop for pick-up. Please give us 24 hours post-event to prepare your books for pick-up.
About the Book:
Anna Quindlen’s trademark wisdom on family, friendship, and the ties that bind us are at the center of this novel about the power of love to transcend loss and triumph over adversity, by the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Still Life with Bread Crumbs and One True Thing.
When Annie Brown dies suddenly, her husband, her children, and her closest friend are left to find a way forward without the woman who has been the lynchpin of all their lives. Bill is overwhelmed without his beloved wife, and Annemarie wrestles with the bad habits her best friend had helped her overcome. And Ali, the eldest of Annie’s children, has to grow up overnight, to care for her younger brothers and even her father and to puzzle out for herself many of the mysteries of adult life.
Over the course of the next year what saves them all is Annie, ever-present in their minds, loving but not sentimental, caring but nobody’s fool, a voice in their heads that is funny and sharp and remarkably clear. The power she has given to those who loved her is the power to go on without her. The lesson they learn is that no one beloved is ever truly gone.
Written in Quindlen’s emotionally resonant voice and with her deep and generous understanding of people, After Annie is about hope, and about the unexpected power of adversity to change us in profound and indelible ways.
About our Guest:
Anna Quindlen is the author of many bestselling books, including the #1 New York Times bestselling novel Rise and Shine, the #1 bestselling memoir Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake, and A Short Guide to a Happy Life. Her other novels include Blessings, One True Thing, the Oprah Book Club Selection Black and Blue, and Still Life with Bread Crumbs.