Revised and updated to include the winner of the 2020 presidential election, this photo-filled and fact-packed book is a timely must-have reference.
National Geographic presents the 45 individuals who have led the U.S. in this up-to-date, authoritative, and lavishly illustrated family, school, and library reference. Key features include:
A fascinating read and excellent reference for students and kids of all ages!
- Information about the 2021 president-elect and the 2020 election results as of the publication date
- A brand-new thematic spread on the impeachment process and its history
- Revised terminology around the language of slavery and analysis of early presidents who benefitted from and relied on enslaved labor
- Comprehensive profiles of all the former presidents along with timelines and descriptions of crucial events during their terms
- Thematic spreads covering a variety of topics from the history of voting rights to how to write a letter to the president
- Full-page portraits, famous quotes, and fascinating facts to help kids get to know each leader
ANN BAUSUM grew up with a love of research and American history. She is a multi-award-winning author, including the Orbis Pictus Recommended List, Book Links Best Books for the Classroom, Booklist Editor's Choice Top of the List Nonfiction, Notable Social Studies Trade Book of the Year, ALA Best Books for Young Adults, ALA Notable Books for Children, New York Public Library 100 Titles for Reading and Sharing, School Library Journal Best Book of the Year, a Golden Kite Award for Nonfiction, and more. In 2017 her body of work was honored by the Children's Book Guild of Washington, D.C. Individual titles have won numerous starred reviews and been recognized with a Sibert Honor Award, the Jane Addams Children's Book Award, the Carter G. Woodson Award, and the SCBWI Golden Kite Award, among other distinctions.