Updated with new chapters and topics, this book provides a comprehensive description of all essential topics in contemporary pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics. It also features interactive computer simulations for students to experiment and observe PK/PD models in action.
- Presents the essentials of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in a clear and progressive manner
- Helps students better appreciate important concepts and gain a greater understanding of the mechanism of action of drugs by reinforcing practical applications in both the book and the computer modules
- Features interactive computer simulations, available online through a companion website at: https: //web.uri.edu/pharmacy/research/rosenbaum/sims/
- Adds new chapters on physiologically based pharmacokinetic models, predicting drug-drug interactions, and pharmacogenetics while also strengthening original chapters to better prepare students for more advanced applications
- Reviews of the 1st edition: "This is an ideal textbook for those starting out ... and also for use as a reference book .... (International Society for the Study of Xenobiotics) and "I could recommend Rosenbaum's book for pharmacology students because it is written from a perspective of drug action . . . Overall, this is a well-written introduction to PK/PD .... " (British Toxicology Society Newsletter)
Sara E. Rosenbaum, PhD, is Professor of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Rhode Island, where she teaches courses in pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics. Her research interests concentrate on the development and application of pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic models to better understand the drug dose-response relationship.