The perennial favorite for parents who want to get their kids to sleep with ease—now in its fifth edition, fully revised and updated, with a new step-by-step guide for a good night’s sleep.
With more than 1.5 million copies in print, Dr. Marc Weissbluth’s step-by-step regimen for instituting beneficial habits within the framework of your child’s natural sleep cycles has long been the standard-setter in baby sleep books. Now with a new introduction and quick-start guide to getting your child to sleep, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child has been totally rewritten and reorganized to give tired parents the information they need quickly and succinctly. This new edition also includes the very latest research on the importance of
• implementing bedtime routines
• practicing parental presence at bedtime
• recognizing drowsy signs
• the role of the father as an active partner in helping the child sleep better
• overcoming challenges families face to help their child sleep better
• different cultural sleep habits from around the world
• individualized and nonjudgmental approaches to sleep training
Sleep is vital to your child’s health, growth, and development. The fifth edition of Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child gives parents proven strategies to ensure healthy, high-quality sleep for children at every age.
A pediatrician for forty years, Marc Weissbluth, M.D., is also a leading researcher on sleep and children. He founded the original Sleep Disorders Center at Chicago's Children’s Memorial Hospital in 1985 and is a professor of clinical pediatrics at Northwestern University School of Medicine.